Brian Roberts of 123 Bryniau Road, Llandudno and three men working with him were exposed to deadly asbestos fibres while working in the unit at Eagle Farm Road, Mochdre Business Park in September 2012.
Llandudno Magistrates’ Court heard how Roberts, who had been employed by the owner of the premises, trading at the time as Light in Design, to remove asbestos from the building prior to sale.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) was alerted to the unlicensed work by a contractor who was licensed to remove asbestos.
HSE’s investigation found that Roberts removed a significant quantity of asbestos insulating board (AIB) from the premises despite not holding a licence to work with such material.
Brian Roberts pleaded guilty to breaching the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. He was given a custodial sentence of 26 weeks.