The divestments cover six European countries, including most of the Lafarge Tarmac assets in the UK.
The deal remain subject to the completion of the merger, including a successful public exchange offering to Lafarge's shareholders and approval by Holcim's shareholders.
The package covers:
- France - in metropolitan France, all of Holcim's assets, except for its Altkirch cement plant and aggregates and ready-mix sites in the Haut-Rhin region, and a grinding station of Lafarge in Saint-Nazaire; Lafarge's assets on Reunion island, except for its shareholding in Ciments de Bourbon
- Germany - Lafarge's assets
- Hungary - Holcim's operating assets
- Romania - Lafarge's assets
- Slovakia - Holcim's assets
- UK - Lafarge Tarmac assets with the exception of its Cauldon and Cookstown plants and certain associated assets.