The Doosan DX190W-3 is powered by Doosan’s DL06KB 6-cylinder ‘common rail’ diesel engine, fitted with a waste gate turbocharger with intercooler as standard, developing 129.4kW at 1900rpm.
According to the Korean manufacturer, this machine has the highest arm and bucket forces and the highest traction force in its class.
Doosan says that compared to its previous Stage IIIA machine, the new DX190W-3 has 9% more engine power and 4% more torque. Traction force is increased by 6% and swing torque by 16%. Digging forces and lifting capacities are also improved. The articulated version can lift 53% more over the front and 22% more over the side, for example.
Factory tests show that fuel consumption is also reduced by up to 12%, it is claimed, depending on the mode selected and the work being done. A new ECO gauge on the control panel monitors fuel consumption and actual engine-percent load to help guide the operator to select the best operating mode for fuel economy.
In-cab noise levels are down from 74.9dBA to 71dBA, thanks to a new cooling and fan system, while a new cab suspension system helps to cut vibration by 20%.
Doosan claims that it offers more standard features than other wheeled excavators on the market. New optional features include a floating boom system for easy levelling and finishing work. For heavy duty applications, there is a dual pump option providing extra flow for high flow attachments. Other options available include monobloc or articulated front working equipment, dozer blades, outriggers, cradle support, auxiliary hydraulic lines, an additional tool box, an air gun and compressor for cleaning and a microphone/speaker.
Brief specifications for the Doosan DX190W-3 wheeled excavator
- Buckets: 0.38 - 0.93 m3
- Operating weight: 18.4 - 20.3 tonnes
- Digging depth (std front): 5725 mm
- Digging reach (std front): 9255 mm
- Digging height (std front): 9440 mm
- Overall width: 2534 mm
- Height (std front): 3354 mm
- Overall length in travel position (std front): 8114 mm
- Tail swing radius: 3170 mm
- Drawbar pull: 11.2 tonnes
- Digging force over bucket (ISO): 13.8 tonnes
- Digging force over arm (ISO): 9.8 tonnes
- Lifting capacity at ground level (over front): 7.73 tonnes at 6.0 m
- Travel speed: low range 3.4km/h; medium range 9.4km/h; high range 35.7km/h
- Engine (SAE J1349, net): 6-cylinder Doosan DL06KB Stage IIIB (EGR), 129.4kW at 1900rpm