Eight international consortia have been prequalified to bid for the US$740m (£490m) scheme to build a 2,600m suspension bridge over the Chacao channel. Amec and Mott MacDonald are among companies in the prequalified teams.
Tenders will be submitted by October and the project will be awarded in the first quarter of 2014 with work starting on site in 2015 and the bridge entering service during 2019.
The project had previously been tendered in 2005 but only three companies had bid and the contract was later cancelled.
The eight prequalified teams are:
- Isei Joint Venture (Impregilo – Salini – Ramboll Denmark y Ramboll UK – Echeverría Izquierdo Ingeniería y Construcción, Icafal Ingeniería)
- Constructora Puente Chacao ‘CPC’ (Hotchief Solutions – Hotchief Construction Chilena – Vinci – Constructora BCGP Chile – American Bridges Company – Cowi – Besalco – American Bridges Chile)
- Sacyr Samsung Parsons Puente Chacao (Sacyr Construcción – Samsung C&T – Parsons Transportation)
- Consorcio Puelche (OHL Agencia en Chile – GS Engineering and Construction. – Mott MacDonald Ltda.)
- China Railway Group
- China Road * Bridge Corporation
- Consorcio Cai Cai Vilu (Daelim Industrial– Daewoo Engineering – Astaldi – Empresa Constructora Belfi – TY Lin International – AMEC International. – Yooshim Engineering Corp – Chodai )
- Consorcio Oas – Hyundai – Systra – Aas Jakobsenv.