A number of European-owned companies are on the list for the US$400m-US$500m (£268m-£335m), including Spain’s Ferrovial, FCC and Dragados, Italy’s Salini Impregilo and Hochtief of Germany’s subsidiary Flatiron.
“These five teams represent some of the best in the business for delivering California’s high-speed rail program,” said CEO Jeff Morales. “The amount of interest we receive about the high-speed rail programme indicates a competitive market and interest from respected industry leaders who want to be a part of construction and delivery of the first high-speed rail system in the nation.”
In alphabetical order, the teams are:
- California Rail Builders: Ferrovial Agroman US
- Central Valley Connection Builders: FCC Construccion and Corsan-Corviam Construccion
- Dragados/Flatiron Joint Venture: Dragados USA and Flatiron West
- Salini Impregilo/Security Paving Joint Venture: Salini Impregilo, Security Paving Company
- Tutor Perini/Zachry/Parsons a Joint Venture: Tutor Perini Corporation, Zachry Construction Corporation and Parsons Transportation Group.
Today’s announcement represents the completion of the first part of a two-phase procurement process for the contract. The authority anticipates releasing a request for proposals in the coming weeks.