It has divided its work areas into 27 separate lots (see below) and expects ot pick between five and 10 contractors for each lot. In theory it could have as many as 270 different contractors on board, although that is unlikely.
The council has published a contract notice inviting expressions of interest form contractors. See our Contract Leads section for details.
The full list of all 27 lots is:
- Road Surfacing Works.
- Civil Engineering Road Works – Minor value less than 100K GBP.
- Civil Engineering Road Works – Major value 100K GBP and above.
- Proprietary Thin Surfacing Treatments on Carriageways and Footways.
- Streetscape and Public Realm Works.
- Road & Surface Marking.
- Anti-Skid / High Friction Surfacing.
- Temporary Traffic Management*.
- General Bridge & Structural Work – Minor value less than 100K GBP.
- General Bridge & Structural Work – Major value greater than 100K GBP.
- Sign Gantries.
- Mechanical and Engineering Works at Tidal Weir and Clyde Tunnel*.
- Road and Decorative Lighting works, electrical only*.
- Road and Decorative Lighting works, civil and electrical*.
- Seasonal and Event Lighting Works*.
- Painting of Street Lighting Columns and ancillary equipment*.
- External Sports Pitches and Tennis Courts Floodlighting*
- Landscape Construction & Ground Maintenance.
- Tree Works.
- Sport Surfaces.
- General Fencing, Barriers & Gates.
- Playground Installation and Surfacing Works*.
- Masonry Works.
- Heritage Repair and Restoration - Masonry.
- Heritage Repair and Restoration – Metalwork.
* These lots include requirements for works and services.