All competition approvals necessary for closing the transaction have now been obtained ahead of the expected closing in July 2015.
Completion of the regulatory assessment in all key jurisdictions has enabled Holcim and Lafarge to present a final list of divestments to satisfy regulatory requirements.
The divestments remain subject to the completion of the merger, including a successful public exchange offering to Lafarge’s shareholders and approval by Holcim’s shareholders.
US assets being divested include:
- Lafarge’s Davenport cement plant (Iowa) and seven terminals along the Mississippi River (buyer: Summit Materials)
- 3 Holcim terminals in Michigan and Illinois (buyer: Buzzi Unicem)
- Holcim’s Skyway 600kt slag grinding station in Illinois (buyer: Eagle Materials)
- Holcim’s Camden 700kt slag grinding station in New Jersey, along with a terminal in Massachusetts (buyer: Essroc/Italcementi)
- Holcim’s Trident cement plant (Montana) and five terminals in the Great Lakes Region (buyer: CRH).