The job involves refurbishing and remodelling elements of the university's Samuel Alexander building, to facilitate staff moves ahead of the Manchester Engineering Campus Development.
The works will include:
- The refurbishment of office spaces throughout the north, south and west wings.
- Replacement of all services (power, lighting, LPHW heating system (pipework and radiators, data).
- Installation of new partitions to convert teaching areas to offices.
- Café refurbishment.
- IT Cluster refurbishment.
- Creation of multiple language hubs / common rooms.
Salford-based Manchester & Cheshire Construction was in the news earlier this week after signing a joint venture agreement with a Chinese developer.