Operating from headquarters in Banbury, Oxfordshire, and with regional offices throughout the UK and Ireland, Alway Silver comprises:
• Alway Associates – consultants providing specialist advice and services in construction law, contracts, dispute resolution and commercial issues
• BrunswickIS (Infrastructure Services) – quantity surveyors and project management professionals providing commercial and project management services to employers, contractors and sub-contractors working in the construction, engineering and infrastructure sectors
• Construction Study Centre – a leading independent provider of CPD training, including health & safety, contracts, project management and building regulations, for professionals in the construction and property sectors in the UK
The Alway Silver Group was ranked in the 2010 ‘Building’ magazine survey of Top Consultants in the construction industry at:
• 42nd in the Top 100 Fastest Growing Construction Consultants by fee income;
• 55th in the Top 100 Surveyors ranked by number of chartered staff
Rhead Group Chief Executive, Nigel Curry, says: “We are delighted to announce the integration of the Alway Silver team as part of the Rhead Group. Blue chip clients are increasingly turning to the Rhead Group for professional support with their complex international construction programmes. Demand for our services has grown progressively over the last 25 years and it is our strategy to proactively grow our business to cater for that demand.
“This integration is exciting for both organisations. Alway Silver comprises over 50 highly qualified and nationally respected professionals offering further breadth of skills and complementary expertise to that of our existing teams. We believe the blend of our two organisations will greatly enhance the innovation and value that we will be able to offer our clients.”
The combined business will continue to benefit from the knowledge of their senior teams. Each of the businesses will operate as wholly owned subsidiaries, part of the Rhead Group brand. Alway Associates and the Construction Study Centre will continue to operate under their established brands. It is envisaged that the services offered by BrunswickIS will be incorporated within the existing Rhead Group branded range of services.
“This is a great step for the Alway Silver team. We have achieved significant recognition in the UK industry for the quality of our consultancy and training skills. By integrating with the Rhead Group we will have the opportunity to offer our skills to a much wider and international client base. We believe this move will benefit both the industry and the career opportunities available to our highly skilled people,” commented Lorne Alway.