The company says that it now plans to recruit 22 apprentices – one for every £1m of new work.
The new contracts include:
- 55 family houses for Yorkshire Housing Association in Acomb, York in a project valued at £5.6m
- a £2.2m development for Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association in Athersley, Barnsley
- A scheme to create 34 houses in Addlington, Sheffield, for the Great Places Housing Group, worth £2.6m;
- 71 houses at the Willow Estate in Doncaster for Jephson Homes Housing Association, in a £5.99m scheme
- A £1.6m project to create 15 houses at Moor Court, in Ilkley, for Bradford Council; and
- 37 houses for Barnsley Council at Roy Kilner Road, in Barnsley, valued at £3.9m.
Southdale’s Yorkshire region managing director, Trudie McCormick, said: “Southdale’s robust and continued growth in Yorkshire is clearly demonstrated by these new contract wins. We’re committed to helping the economy in communities in which we are based so the overwhelming majority of this work will go directly into the Yorkshire supply chain.”