The façade comprises brass and stone cladding and Szerelmey was responsible for the design, supply and installation of the stone. The buff coloured stone was selected and sourced from Yorkshire, England to compliment the brass elements of the façade. Crossland Hill Yorkstone is famous for its use as a London paving material but its designed use here, as fine dimensioned cut to size façade cladding, creates the geometry and aesthetic result the client desired.
The Goldsmiths Centre provides postgraduate training and start up studios for young goldsmiths, craft skills for pre-apprentice silversmiths, and a public gallery and cafe. The Goldsmiths’ Company has been responsible since 1300 for testing the quality of gold, silver and, from 1975, platinum articles.
Work was carried out for the client The Goldsmiths’ Company. The architect was John Lyall Architects, the main contractor was Balfour Beatty Construction while the project manager was Jackson Coles.