Just weeks after securing similar deals in Middlesbrough and High Wycombe, Willmott Dixon has been selected by Oldham Council to build a £15m facility in the town centre. The Oldham Sports Centre will be at the junction of Manchester Street and St Domingo Street, linking Oldham College to Oldham Sixth Form College.
Facilities in the Oldham leisure centre will include:
- a 25m eight-lane swimming pool
- 250-seat spectator gallery
- 150 competitor seats at pool side
- sauna and steam room
- eight-court sports hall including flexible seating for 500 people
- 80-station fitness studio
- four-rink indoor bowls hall.
Willmott Dixon regional managing director Anthony Dillon said: “As a local business we are delighted to be working with Oldham Council to deliver what will be a fantastic facility and significantly contribute towards the ongoing regeneration of the town centre.”
Willmott Dixon also recently built three schools in Oldham under the town’s £71m academies programme.