Did you know that there is a version of The Construction Index for the USA? Visit the site No thanks
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Instagram
Daily construction news
Weekly plant news

Construction News

Fri October 21 2016

Related Information
Related Information
Related Information
Related Information

News » UK » Dunne Group becomes Keltbray Structures » published 22 Aug 2016

Dunne Group becomes Keltbray Structures

Keltbray Group has launched a reinforced concrete frame business named Keltbray Structures.

Keltbray Structures is headed by John Price Above: Keltbray Structures is headed by John Price

Creation of a new division for the diversified Keltbray Group comes after it acquired some of the assets of Dunne Group, which went into administration in July and has ceased trading.

Companies House filings reveal that former Dunne Group owner Gordon Dunne holds 20% of the shares in Keltbray Structures, with Keltbray Group (Holdings) Ltd having the other 80%.

Dunne Group specialised in reinforced concrete foundations and superstructures for buildings. While Keltbray has not taken over Dunne Group as a going concern, or taken on any of its former contracts with clients, by acquiring some of the Dunne Group assets, Keltbray has acquired Dunne’s former yard and head office at Bathgate in Scotland, as well as plant used for the construction of reinforced concrete structures. It is now positioned to offer concrete structures alongside its portfolio of specialisms that includes demolition, groundworks & piling, environmental services and railway work.

Keltbray Structures’ chief executive is Keltbray Group managing director John Price. He will be supported in the day to day running of the company by Gordon Dunne as managing director of Keltbray Structures. Chief operating officer is Andy McClafferty, formerly deputy managing director of Keltbray Demolition & Civil Engineering.

Keltbray Group chief executive Brendan Kerr said: “Prior to going into administration Dunne Group was a leading company in its field and enjoyed a strong reputation as a reinforced concrete frame specialist contractor. We believe that Keltbray will benefit from tapping into their capability and this acquisition of some of their assets. Keltbray Structures has the potential to complement and expand our existing portfolio, which is already unrivalled in the UK, and help us to further develop our expertise and differentiation in line with market demands.

“With our financial resources behind it, I believe there is considerable scope for increasing the service offering and profitability of our business through this development, and give us a better geographical reach to other parts of the UK, including Scotland.”








Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.

This article was published on 22 Aug 2016 (last updated on 23 Aug 2016).

More News Channels