Many infrastructure projects qualify as megaprojects in terms of cost, construction time and the proportion of UK wealth and resources they involve. But, as Jim Simpson reports, current thinking believes that smaller alternatives offer greater value and less risk.
Top 10 Construction
|Rank by turnover||Rank by profit||Company||Latest turnover (£m)|
|Conversion to 2 Dwellings||Oldham||£100,000|
|Conversion to 3 Flats||Wolverhampton||£100,000|
|Conversion to 2 Dwellings||Canterbury||£100,000|
|Extension to Hotel||Redhill||£100,000|
|Conversion to 2 Dwellings||Croydon||£100,000|
The Digger Blog
- Caterpillar’s Conexpo plans
- On the trail with Bobcat diggers
- Coming soon...
- Liebherr excavators working Romanian quarries
- From Japan to Europe: Hitachi's latest Six Series models
- 'Earthmovers in Scotland' by David Wylie
- Kubota restoration marks 50,000 sales landmark
- Peter Andrews still stands by JCB
- Keep it clean!