HS2 bidders look to fill supply chains at NEC meeting
Main contractors shortlisted for the work are holding a ‘meet the buyer’ event to flesh out their supply chains.
The event is being held under the auspices of the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham on 3rd February 2016.
The contracting teams are keen to meet companies with specific capabilities that will be required to deliver the enabling works on the London-Birmingham first phase of the high speed rail project.
In particular they are looking for specialists in:
- Demolition & site clearance
- Environmental services
- Bulk excavation
- Civils subcontracting
- Highways surfacing and construction
- Structure (bridges/buildings) strengthening specialists
- Acoustic specialist installation for sound protection work to properties
- Archaeological investigations
- Habitat and species relocations
- Soft and Hard Landscaping
- Management of invasive plants: Japanese knotweed and hogwood
- Diversity and inclusion specialist training providers
- Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Existing building surveys
- Temporary road diversion
- Waterway diversion
- Compounds and access roads
- Temporary works including bridges
- Geotechnical surveys
As previously reported, the seven contracting teams in contention for the £900m enabling works are:
- Balfour Beatty Vinci JV
- Carillion/Eiffage/Kier JV
- Costain Skanska JV
- Laing O’Rourke/Murphy Group JV
- Fusion (Morgan Sindall/BAM/Ferrovial)
- Align JV (Bouygues/VolkerFitzpatrick/Sir Robert McAlpine)
- Momentum Infrastructure (Hochtief/Dragados/Galliford Try).
The event will take place immediately before the seven are formally invited to tender for the works. It will allow potential suppliers the chance to introduce themselves and provide details of the services that they offer, opening the door to potential involvement with the successful bidders when the contracts are awarded later this year.
CECA chief executive Alasdair Reisner said: “The delivery of HS2 offers opportunities for supply chain companies from across the UK, and will create significant demand on key competencies. We wanted to ensure that those companies with the right abilities had the chance to put themselves in contention to work as a supplier on these substantial contracts.”
Companies looking to take part in the event must book their place before 27th January 2016. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘HS2’ to get further details.
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 8 Jan 2016 (last updated on 11 Jan 2016).