International shortlist for Mersey Gateway
Three contracting groups have been shortlisted to design, build, finance and operate the £600m Mersey Gateway bridge.
The three shortlisted bidders for the new six-lane toll bridge over the River Mersey between Runcorn and Widnes are:
- Balfour Beatty, Bouygues Travaux Publics, Egis Projects consortium
- Merseylink consortium, comprising Macquarie Capital Group, Bilfinger Berger Project Investments, Vialia Sociedad Gestora de Concesiones de Infraestructuras and FCC Construcción
- MGL consortium, comprising Galliford Try Investments, Hochtief PPP Solutions and Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras
Halton Borough Council drew up the shortlist from the six expressions of interest received in December 2011. Council leader Rob Polhill said: “We have attracted world class construction groups that have come together to compete for this prestigious contract. I look forward to announcing the eventual winner and the commencement of construction later next year.”
Mersey Gateway project director Steve Nicholson said: “We were delighted with the quality and the quantity of the submissions we received. Each of the six groups we evaluated met our requirements but we set out to limit the procurement process to three bidding groups and we have maintained this approach so that we can reduce bid costs whilst running an effective competition.”
He added: “During the next year the project team will work with the shortlisted bidders to develop proposals that deliver quality and value for money on behalf of the taxpayer.”
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 17 Feb 2012 (last updated on 20 Feb 2012).