Did you know that there is a version of The Construction Index for the USA? Visit the site No thanks
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Instagram
Daily construction news
Weekly plant news

Construction News

Tue May 30 2017

Related Information
Related Information
Related Information
Related Information

News » UK » Redrow walks away from Bovis » published 28 Mar 2017

Redrow walks away from Bovis

Redrow has decided not to launch a takeover bid for Bovis Homes Group.

Earlier this month it was disclosed that rival house-builders Redrow and Galliford Try had both made opening approaches for Bovis Homes. Redrow’s offer, worth the equivalent of 814p per Bovis share, was dismissed by the Bovis board.

At the time Redrow said that it reserved the right to come back with a new proposal. But Redrow’s team has now done further analysis and decided not to increase its offer.

“Given this, Redrow confirms that it does not intend to make an offer for Bovis,” the company said today.

Galliford Try’s offer was worth 886p per share, valuing Bovis Homes at £1.19bn. Galliford Try’s discussions with Bovis Homes continue.

Galliford Try has until 5pm on 9th April 2017 to announce a firm intention to make a bid or walk away.

 

 

MPU

Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.

This article was published on 28 Mar 2017 (last updated on 29 Mar 2017).

More News Channels