Severfield awarded steelwork package on 22 Bishopsgate
Severfield has picked up the steel package on the City of London’s 22 Bishopsgate scheme, where Multiplex is the main contractor.
The UK’s biggest structural steel has announced a total of six new contract wins worth £72m.
The 62-storey 22 Bishopsgate development has a net internal area of 1.4 million sq ft, and Severfield will deliver structural steelwork and metal decking.
The tower was acquired in 2015 by AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets, acting on behalf of a consortium of international investors, to develop a new building together with its development partner Lipton Rogers Developments.
PLP Architecture has designed the tower, which will include social and activity-based spaces, as well as restaurants, bars and retail units.
Severfield’s other contract wins include:
- A commercial office development in the Midlands;
- Two distribution centres in the South East;
- A research and development complex in Manchester; and
- An extension to a retail complex in London
Ian Lawson, Severfield CEO, said: "We are delighted to announce these new contract wins and are excited to be working with Multiplex on such a high profile development as 22 Bishopsgate. This further demonstrates the breadth of the group's capabilities and the quality of our order book.
"The group has a longstanding history of working on iconic London buildings such as The Shard, London Bridge Station and Wimbledon No 1 Court. Our design, experience and engineering skills have resulted in a strong pipeline across a range of sectors."
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 3 Nov 2016 (last updated on 3 Nov 2016).