Trump promises millions of jobs rebuilding infrastructure
US president-elect Donald Trump’s victory speech included a promise to put "millions" of people to work rebuilding US infrastructure.
“We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals,” he said. “We're going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none, and we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it.”
He had previously set out his vision, including:
- providing maximum flexibility to the states;
- putting American steel made by American workers into the backbone of America’s infrastructure;
- leveraging new revenues and working with financing authorities, public-private partnerships, and other funding opportunities;
- linking increases in spending to reforms that streamline permitting and approvals, improve the project delivery system, and cut wasteful spending;
- employing incentive-based contracting to ensure projects are on time and on budget;
- approving private-sector energy infrastructure projects including pipelines and coal export facilities;
- making clean water a high priority;
- completing projects faster and at lower cost through significant regulatory reform and ending needless red-tape.
- Click here to return to the previous page
- Subscribe to our free construction newsletters
- Buy & Sell Construction Plant Machinery online with TCiTrader.co.uk. Find new, used & reconditioned Construction Equipment. Click here to view Construction Equipment Classifieds.
Download our free construction news iPhone / iPad app. Sign up to our FREE email newsletters or subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates on the latest Construction News, Plant News, Contract News & Supplier News. The Construction Index also provides the latest Construction Tenders, Construction Market Data & Construction Law Commentary all FREE.
This article was published on 9 Nov 2016 (last updated on 9 Nov 2016).