News feeds from The Construction Index
- UK Construction News Feed
- International Construction News Feed
- Contract News Feed
- The Digger Blog Feed
- Plant News Feed
- Supplier News Feed
- Product News Feed
- OJEU Construction Tenders Feed
- Planning Leads
- Construction Law Feed
- All Latest News, Blogs & Tenders Feed
- Latest Construction Jobs Feed
- Featured Construction Jobs Feed
What are News Feeds?
News feeds allow you to see when The Construction Index has added new content. You can get the latest headlines and video, as soon as it’s published, without having to visit the website.
Feeds are also known as RSS. RSS stands for 'Really Simple Syndication'. In essence, the feeds themselves are just web pages, designed to be read by computers rather than people.
How do I start using feeds?
In general, the first thing you need is something called a news reader. This is a piece of software that checks the feeds and lets you read any new articles that have been added. There are many different versions, some of which are accessed using a browser, and some of which are downloadable applications.
Browser-based news readers let you catch up with your RSS feed subscriptions from any computer, whereas downloadable applications let you store them on your main computer, in the same way that you either download your e-mail using Outlook, or keep it on a web-based service like GMail or Yahoo Mail.
Once you have chosen a news reader, all you have to do is to decide what content you want it to receive.
If you click on the RSS button you can subscribe to the feed in various ways, including by dragging the URL of the feed into your news reader or by cutting and pasting the same URL into a new feed in your news reader. Most sites that offer feeds use a similar orange button, but some may just have a normal web link.
Some browsers, including Firefox, Opera and Safari, automatically check for feeds for you when you visit a website, and display an icon when they find one. This can make subscribing to feeds much easier. For more details on these, please check their websites.
Using The Construction Index feeds on your site
If you run your own website, you can display the latest headlines from our websites on your own site using RSS.
We encourage the use of The Construction Index feeds as part of a website, however, we do require that the proper format and attribution is used when The Construction Index content appears. The attribution text should read "The Construction Index" or "theconstructionindex.co.uk" “theconstructionindex.co.uk/news” “theconstructionindex.co.uk/press” “www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/tenders” as appropriate.
We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of The Construction Index content and The Construction Index does not accept any liability for its feeds.
Please see the Terms & Conditions for full details.
Terms & Conditions
By downloading a The Construction Index RSS Feed from www.theconstructionindex.co.uk you agree to be bound by the terms set out below (the "Standard Licence Terms"). These Standard Licence Terms may be updated by The Construction Index from time to time. Please review these Standard Licence Terms each time you download a Construction Index Feeds.
Your download and/or use of a The Construction Index Feeds indicates your agreement to these Standard Licence Terms.
- 1. Licence
- 1.1 Subject to the terms of this Agreement The Construction Index grants you a non-transferrable, non-sublicensable, royalty free non-exclusive licence to display on your website ("Site") the headlines, active links or other source identifiers and other information or materials that you specifically select to receive from The Construction Index via The Construction Index Feeds ("The Construction Index Content").
- 1.2 All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to The Construction Index Feeds shall remain the property of The Construction Index.
- 1.3 Nothing in these Standard Licence Terms grants you any right to use The Construction Index logo / trade mark on your Site or elsewhere.
- 2. Use of The Construction Index Content
- 2.1 You may not use the Feeds or display any Construction Index Content on any Site that is a web site that is excluded by The Construction Index (scroll down for the list of Excluded Websites as may be amended by The Construction Index from time to time).
- 2.2 YOU MUST ENSURE THAT ALL CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT ON YOUR SITE HAS AN ACCREDITATION TO THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONSTRUCTION INDX ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES (SCROLL DOWN FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES AS MAY BE AMENDED BY THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX FROM TIME TO TIME).
- 2.3 YOU MAY NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY CHARGE USERS SPECIFICALLY FOR ACCESSING THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT OR OTHERWISE COMMERCIALISE SUCH CONTENT, NOR ATTEMPT TO RE-SELL THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT IN ANY WAY.
- 2.4 Where possible you must create a functional link back to The Construction Index News story(ies)/ Tenders/ Suppliers News, summarised by The Construction Index Content . If you are displaying The Construction Index Feeds where a functional link back to The Construction Index is not possible, you must display on-screen the URL from which The Construction Index Content can be obtained (scroll down to the accreditation section below.) You may not directly or indirectly change, edit, add to or produce summaries of The Construction Index Content or any content on The Construction Index website nor place any full-story from the Construction Index content in an HTML frame-set.
- 2.5 You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by The Construction Index of your Site or any non-Construction Index entity, product or content or any views expressed within your site or service.
- 2.6 You acknowledge that The Construction Index has absolute editorial control over all Construction Index Content and you accept that The Construction Index is editorially independent and that the editorial integrity of The Construction Index Content is the sole responsibility of The Construction Index.
- 2.7 Should you receive any enquiries which relate to The Construction Index or The Construction Index Content you should promptly refer such enquiries to http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/contact or 0845 128-9700
- 3. Warranties & Liability
- 3.1 You warrant to The Construction Index that:
- (i) you have fully complied with, and shall continue to comply fully with, all applicable laws and regulations;
- (ii) the Site shall contain no material which is libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or which brings The Construction Index into disrepute, or which is in breach of any third party intellectual property rights; and
- (iii) users of the Site shall be required to comply with terms that are equivalent to the Standard Licence Terms in relation to their use of The Construction Index Content.
- 3.2 The Construction Index Feeds is made available by The Construction Index on an "as is" and "as available" basis and The Construction Index gives no warranty of any kind in relation to The Construction Index Feeds, The Construction Index Content, or any content on The Construction Index website. The Construction Index disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, and accuracy regarding The Construction Index Content, the Construction Index Feeds and The Construction Index website and any content thereon.
- 3.3 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY ARISING IN RELATION TO THE CONSTRUCTION FEEDS, THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT OR ANY CONTENT ON THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX WEBSITE, ANY VIRUS OR OTHER CONTAMINATION OR ANY UNAVAILABILITY OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT.
- 3.4 Each provision of this Clause 3 operates separately in itself and survives independently of the others.
- 3.1 You warrant to The Construction Index that:
- 4. Indemnity
- 4.1 You hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend The Construction Index in respect of all damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or as a result of any breach of the Standard Licence Terms or otherwise in connection with your use of The Construction Index Feeds (including The Construction Index Content).
- 5. Termination
- 5.1 You may terminate this Agreement and the licence granted herein at any time by destroying or removing all copies of The Construction Index Feeds (including The Construction Index Content) from your Site, all hard drives, networks and other storage media.
- 5.2 The Construction Index may restrict, suspend or terminate The Construction Index Feeds, this Agreement, the licence granted herein or your access to The Construction Index Feeds at any time without liability. You agree to destroy all copies of The Construction Index Feeds (including The Construction Index Content) upon receiving notice of termination from The Construction Index.
- 5.3 Clauses 3, 4 and 6 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- 6. General
- 6.1 Neither party may assign, charge, sublicense or otherwise deal with its rights or obligations in this Agreement in whole or in part to any third party.
- 6.2 This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, arrangements and understandings between the parties concerning its subject matter. Each of the parties acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement made by the other in the course of entering into this Agreement.
- 6.3 Any failure or delay by either party in exercising its rights under any provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of those rights at any time now or in the future.
- 6.4 This Agreement shall be governed by, construed and take effect in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute which may arise out of or in connection with this Agreement.
The Construction Index RSS feeds and any Construction Index content contained within The Construction Index RSS feeds may only be displayed on websites that do not fall into any one or more of the categories listed below. A site will be deemed to fall within one of the following categories where there is a material and prominent section of the Site that falls within such category.
1. Sites that incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour
2. Sites that promote, encourage or facilitate violence
3. Sites that promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk UK national security
4. Sites that discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society
5. Sites that promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity
6. Sites which are misleading, pornographic, defamatory, or that contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under UK law
7. Sites which infringe individual privacy
Any Construction Index RSS feeds or content from The Construction Index on your site must incorporate an attribution (credit) to The Construction Index in one of the following forms:
“The Construction Index News”
“The Construction Index Tenders”
(delete as applicable), or
"This content / article is from The Construction Index Website / theconstructionindex.co.uk" (delete as applicable)
If you are displaying a The Construction Index RSS feeds in a context where a functional link back to the article on The Construction Index website is not possible then you must use the following attribution (credit)
You may not use any The Construction Index logo or other Construction Index trade mark /Logo without written permission.