Building Investigation & Testing Services01737 765432
Some of the services, test facilities and areas of expertise that B.I.T.S. are involved in are shown below:-
* Air Leakage systems - Platform floor plenums, air grille flow, ductwork, air tightness and window infiltration.
* Barriers - Building Regulations Document K for car park vehicle and pedestrian barriers, HMSO publications for crush barriers, handrails and other crowd control elements in stadiums.
* Cladding & Windows - Weather and water tightness, impact resistance, failure investigations.
* Dimensional Testing - Coefficient of thermal linear expansion and dimensional stability.
* Environmental Monitoring and laboratory testing under various conditions.
* Foams - Thermal, Physical Properties, Closed Cell.
* Glass and Glazing Testing to BS6206, BS5544, DIN 52290, Dewpoints, Safety Glass approval.
* High Pressures - Hydraulic, hydrostatic and pneumatic pressure testing.
* IP Ratings - Dust and Water Penetration.
* Joints - External Sealants, Expansion joints in floors, Pipe connections and fittings.
* K-values - Thermal conductivity of wood to washing powder, clay to concrete and foam to fibres.
* Litigations - Membership of the Academy of Experts. Defect and Failure Investigations.
* Materials Testing - Chipboards, vapour barriers, insulation materials, slates and general building materials.
* New Ideas - Development of test specifications for new and innovative products.
* On-site Testing - BITS has a UK Wide Service
* Pipes and Fittings - Pipes and Fittings and Hydrostatic pressure testing
* Quality Checks - Product evaluation and specification validation
* Raised Access Floors - PSA MOB PF2 PS/SPU and BS EN 12825 specified testing. Rolling load facility. Floor mounted Air Terminal Devices to BS EN 13624
* Structural anchors - Tensile and shear to BS5080. Annual assessment of anchor devices for the direct attachment of PPE. Verification to DOT series investigation.
* Trading Standards - Product Testing, Safety assessment of hire equipment. Defect Investigation.
* Underground - Strain gauging of rail track.
* Vehicle Equipment - Car Jacks, Number Plates, Axle Stands.
* W.V.P. Water Vapour permeability. Paints to papers, films and foams.
* Expert Witness - We act as independent expert and attend court as required.
* Zwick machine - Computer controlled 250kN tensile/compression facility for physical testing
Getting in contact with Building Investigation & Testing Services
Trowers Way, Holmethorpe Industrial Estate
Quarryside Business Park
Tel: 01737 765432
Building Investigation & Testing Services Products & Services