A joint venture Kier, Murphy and Interserve has won a £70m contract with United Utilities covering works to resolve unsatisfactory discharges from the wastewater network in Preston.
The KMI JV will carry out the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of interceptor tunnels, pumping station, pumping mains and associated works.
The works will include:
- 500 m of 1,5 m internal diameter connecting tunnel,
- 1,25 km of 2,85 m internal diameter interceptor tunnel,
- 2,18 km of 2,85 m internal diameter stormwater storage tunnel,
- 850 m of 2,85 m internal diameter tunnelled river crossing for pumping main,
- a pumping station including screen chamber and overflow to river,
- 5,75 km of 1,0 m internal diameter twin pumping mains,
- 14 shafts circa 28 m deep between 4 m and 10,5 m internal diameter,
- associated ancillary and accommodation works.
The contract is scheduled to run for 27 months.