The Education Funding Agency has appointed Carillion as the selected panel member for the £47m contract for the first northwest of England capital batch (eight schools in Blackpool, Cheshire West and Chester, Cumbria, Halton, Manchester and Tameside).
Kier Construction is the selected panel member for the £31m contract for the south capital batch (seven schools in Bristol, Devon, Isle of Wight, Poole, Southampton and Wiltshire).
Wates is selected for the £33m contract for the first east of England capital batch (six schools in Cambridge, Essex, Hertfordshire and Kent).
Willmott Dixon is selected for the £27m contract for the second northwest of England capital batch (five schools in Liverpool, St Helens and the Wirral).
Carillion’s North West of England batch schools are:
- Camberwell Park Specialist Support School (special)
- Collegiate High School (secondary)
- Highfield Community Primary School (primary)
- Highfurlong School (special)
- Holden Clough Community Primary School (primary)
- Silver Springs Academy (primary academy)
- St James C of E Junior School (primary)
- The Heath School (secondary academy)
Work will now progress to the planning application stage.
Kier’s south capital batch schools are:
- St Ursula’s E-ACT Primary Academy, Bristol
- Haytor View Primary School, Devon
- The Grove Primary School, Devon
- Oakfield Primary School. The Isle of Wight
- The Montacute School, Poole
- The Cedar School, Southampton
- Wyvern College, Wiltshire
Work will now move to the planning application for The Cedar School and the design stage for the remaining schools.
Wates’ east of England schools are:
- Garston Manor (special)
- Edith Borthwick (special)
- The Manor (secondary)
- Smarden (primary)
- The Canterbury Primary School (primary)
- Laleham Gap (special)
Work on these will also now move to the planning application stage.
Willmott Dixon's schools in the northwest are all special schools. They are:
- Aigburth High School, Liverpool
- Bank View High School, Liverpool
- Foxfield School, Wirral
- Mill Green School, St Helens
- Redbridge High School, Liverpool.
Bam Construction was recently selected as the selected panel member for the £75m contract for the London capital batch (seven schools in Newham, Lambeth, Barnet, Waltham Forest, Greenwich, Bromley and Camden), and for the £27m contract for the Midlands 2 capital batch (four schools in Birmingham, Derby and Nottinghamshire).