The new models provide a selection of basic configurations to suit customer needs and preferences.
As with other Cat Next Generation mini excavators, the new models feature heavy duty main structures, Stage V compliant engines, load sensing hydraulics and the Caterpillar stick steer system.
The stick steer system allows the operator to switch (at the touch of a button) from conventional lever/foot-pedal steering controls to joystick control. Automatic two-speed travel is standard, as is a cruise control system.
The six new models are fitted with sealed and pressurised cabs, with a redesigned heating/ventilating/air conditioning system for all-weather climate control. The large front window slides upward and stores away overhead; glass areas on the sides and rear of the cab, plus a skylight, provide all-around visibility. An optional rear-view camera can be integrated into the monitor.
The six new models are:
- 307.5, a standard tail swing model with a fixed boom;
- 308 CR, a compact radius model with a swing boom; the 308 CR VAB, featuring a variable angle (two-piece) swing boom;
- 309 CR, a new model in the mini range featuring a compact radius, swing boom, and “high flow” auxiliary hydraulics;
- 309 CR VAB, which expands the 309 CR's capability with a variable angle boom;
- and the 310, with fixed boom, standard tail swing, and twin blade cylinders for handling heavy-duty dozing chores.
|307.5||308 CR||308 CR VAB||309 CR||309 CR VAB||310|
|Min. weight, kg||7 532||8 146||9 483||8 756||9 550||9 601|
|Max. weight, kg||8 233||9 380||9 483||9 403||9 550||10 182|
|Dig depth, std. mm||4 107||4 109||3 925||4 115||3 931||5 174|
|Dig depth, long, mm||4 649||4 644||–||4 650||–||–|