The new venture is a division of Keltbray Electrification Plant, which itself provides electrification services for the rail industry.
In the past two years, Keltbray has invested more than £8m in rail plant and equipment and now has nearly 100 road-rail vehicles, making it one of the largest such fleets in the UK.
Keltbray Rail Electrification director Martin Brown said: “We see this new venture as an added way of providing value to our customers.”
From its base in Crewe, Keltbray Electrification Hire Services will hire out:
- overhead line electrification tooling and road-rail machinery
- isolation equipment (eg live line testers and G-clamps
- bonding equipment (eg Cembre rail drills and crimping tools)
- lifting & wiring gear (eg pull lifts and slings)
- access & welfare (lighting, cabins and barriers).