Shire Minerals01924 258509
Shire Minerals (Southern) green roof soils/substrates:
* Are sourced from sustainable sources,
* are lightweight thus reducing the load on roofs,
* provide aeration for plant growth,
* are free draining,
* contain the right balance of nutrients [i.e. low] to allow extensive plants to be grown successfully,
* can allow herbs and sedums to be successfully grown in the soils depending on the depth the soils/substrates are applied,
* have good water holding capabilities thus ensuring that a good percentage of rainfall is retained within the growing medium that can be used by the plants or released into the atmosphere through evapotranspiration.
* use various aggregate types including crushed brick, aircrete and fired clay pellets, with others in development.
Getting in contact with Shire Minerals
53 Durkar Lane
Tel: 01924 258509
Shire Minerals Products & Services