Taylor Woodrow is the civil engineering division of VINCI Construction UK which forms part of VINCI, a world leader in concessions and construction.
Our Taylor Woodrow brand draws on the heritage of a company founded in 1921, whilst our part in VINCI Construction UK enables us to draw on the strength and unity of a diverse range of business streams all working together.
We are a leading player in the civil engineering and infrastructure sector, delivering world class infrastructure projects such as the iconic King’s Cross Western Concourse.
Working across the rail, highways and energy sectors, we have a customer-focused approach and thrive on applying our expertise to deliver complex, multi-disciplinary, engineering-led projects.
Taylor Woodrow are recruiting for a Section Engineer to work on the largest SMART Motorway project in the UK. Based at the site offices in Reading, the Section Engineer will be responsible for major earthworks, drainage and heavy structures including bridges.
- Ensure all permits are applied for and in place, ready for site work to begin.
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed.
- Setting out and surveying
- Management of subcontractors.
- Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
- Develop and Approve relevant procedures specific to the area of works.
- Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
- Regularly liaising with the client
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
- Liaise with other Sections to ensure any clashes on site are managed to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Degree or equivalent in civil engineering
- Previous site engineering experience
- Experience in utilities, earthworks, heavy structures or drainage is desirable but not essential
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESApply for this job