The council’s White Light Replacement Programme is expected to substantially reduce the maintenance workload and annual costs as white lights have longer service lives than the traditional sodium vapour tubes and so should not need to be replaced for many years.
Balfour Beatty’s contract includes:
- Planned and reactive maintenance of the city’s public lighting infrastructure
- Programmed replacement of existing high energy demand lamps with lower-energy white-light lamps
- The installation and maintenance of festive decorations for cultural events in the city through each year
- The installation of new street furniture, such as guard rails, traffic signs, bollards and lighting
- Reactive repairs to street furniture.