Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority has announced the five teams selected to proceed to the final major step of the procurement process to design and build the rail line, stations and systems. Included are new stations at Reston Town Center, Herndon, Innovation Center, Washington Dulles International Airport, Route 606, and Route 772.
The five teams that have been selected to compete for the contract are:
- Bechtel Transit Partners - Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation
- Capital Rail Constructors - Clark Construction Group, Kiewit Infrastructure South
- Dulles APC Railbuilders - Archer Western Contractors, PCL Civil Constructors, Corman Construction
- Dulles Metrorail Connectors - Skanska USA Civil Southeast/Granite Construction Company; GA & FC Wagman/Trumbull Corporation; Facchina Construction Company
- Silver Line Constructors - Fluor Enterprises/ Tutor Perini Corporation /Stacy & Witbeck
“This list includes some of the most qualified and most successful engineering and construction companies in the world,” said Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project executive director Pat Nowakowski. “We are proud and excited because this ensures a highly competitive process as we move forward with Phase 2 of this dynamic project. This is a project of local, regional, national and international significance and a gateway to our nation’s capital.”
Additional procurement process steps will include the submission of a technical plan and pricing, which will both be taken into account.
An award is anticipated in May 2013 and the completion of construction for Phase 2 is anticipated for mid-2018.
Construction of the first phase of the Metrorail project to the Wiehle-Reston East station is 82% complete and projected to open at the end of 2013.