To mark five years of the NSCC’s Fair Payment Campaign, it is naming the individuals who it believes have demonstrated commitment to improving payment practices within the construction industry. They range from politicians to clients and specialist contractors.
The achievements of the Fair Payment Champions will be celebrated at the NSCC annual lunch on Wednesday 21 November.
The 14 are:
- Nick Baster - FORM Ltd (AIS Member)
- Tony Bingham - Barrister
- Stephen Blakey - Network Rail
- Sir Michael Latham - Patron of NFRC
- Francis Maude MP - Minster for the Cabinet Office, Paymaster General
- Scott McKenna - McKenna Flooring Ltd (CFA Member)
- Steve Medhurst - W B Simpsons & Sons Ltd (TTA Member)
- Justin Perry - Perry Vale Associates
- Martyn Reed - Tractel (UK) Ltd (SAEMA Member)
- John Riches - Henry Cooper Consultants Ltd
- Peter Rogers - Stanhope
- Simon Roxburgh - Boyd & Co (Metalworkers) Ltd (ADCAS Member)
- Andy Walker - Asda Distribution
- Andrew Wolstenholme – Crossrail
NSCC says that since the launch of the campaign in 2007, significant progress has been made in improving payment practices, particularly in the public sector where 57% of specialist contractors are securing nil retention and 44% are receiving payment within 30 days on their projects. The government is continuing its drive for prompt payment and business minister Michael Fallon recently delivered a warning to big businesses that they will be publicly named for failing to sign up to the prompt payment code.
NSCC president Kevin Louch said: “The achievements of the Fair Payment Campaign to date would not have been possible without the commitment of individuals like our Fair Payment Champions to making a difference. By working together we can continue to improve payment practices and the NSCC annual lunch is a great opportunity for the industry to thank those who have led the way and provided a shining example to us all.”