Senior Engineer - Civil Engineering
Are you an Engineer who enjoys being involved in flagship projects? Would you like a company to support your development and make you a complete engineer? Do you want to work on a project you can showcase in your CV? If the answer is yes to any of the above then this project could be the perfect job for you!
Laing O'Rourke has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join this project. This recruitment drive is offering a stable permanent position. Do you want long term development with dedicated career plans?
About the Roles
As a Senior Engineer you will safely and effectively manage a set of tasks and will be technically responsible for the outcome. Reporting directly to the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the management and supervision of 2 to 4 Section Engineers and any sub-contractors. A lot of our projects utilise self-delivery. This means less reliance on subcontractors and utilising our own workforce and engineering professionals. This includes digital engineering (BIM), off site manufacturing (DFMA), Plant, Design and many other in-house functions.
Senior Engineer duties:
- Overseeing Setting out, understanding of equipment limitations and methods
- Utilise and recommend best engineering methods
- Design process knowledge
- Interpret as-built information
- Provides guidance to less experience staff
- Completes QA documentation and record keeping
- Implements ITP requirements
- Production of method statements or understanding of how they are produced
- Temporary works understanding and TWC (Temporary works coordinator)
- Understanding of materials and plant including call off schedules
- Aware of site HS&E procedures
- Understanding design team responsibility and role including BIM
- Interaction with commercial teams to understand outputs on the project
- Working with planning and quality teams
- Ability to work with teams on the various systems being utilised
This is an ideal opportunity to register your interest in a project you can tell your friends and family about. Although Laing O'Rourke will generally look for permanent fulltime staff we are open to hearing from candidates that might be interested in job shares, part time and fixed term contracts. Talk to us about flexible, dynamic, job share and part time working options.
Other job titles include: Civil Engineer, Senior Site Engineer, Sub Agent, Agent, Assistant Project Manager
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.Apply for this job