Senior Quantity Surveyor
Taylor Woodrow is the civil engineering division of VINCI Construction UK which forms part of VINCI, a world leader in concessions and construction.
Our Taylor Woodrow brand draws on the heritage of a company founded in 1921, whilst our part in VINCI Construction UK enables us to draw on the strength and unity of a diverse range of business streams all working together.
We are a leading player in the civil engineering and infrastructure sector, delivering world class infrastructure projects such as the iconic King’s Cross Western Concourse.
Working across the rail, highways and energy sectors, we have a customer-focused approach and thrive on applying our expertise to deliver complex, multi-disciplinary, engineering-led projects.
Taylor Woodrow is recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on their M4 SMART Motorway Project. Reporting into the project Commercial Manager, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for all commercial aspects of a section of the project.
- Ensure that VINCI commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes.
- Responsible for effective client relationship management to encourage smooth commercial progression of the contract(s).
- Provide liaison with the client, PQS, and senior staff
- Manage and provide development and support to other commercial team members.
- Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customer’s business industry/sector
- Anticipate and plan change in commercial resource on the project
- Provide commercial support to tendering process when required.
- Prepare the basis of the project procurement schedule and ensure the team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
- Oversee subcontract procurement in accordance with the procurement -timetable, in accordance with the Vinci procurement policy.
- Ensure that materials and off site services are procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with the VINCI procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience gained in a quantity surveying role
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contracts
- Professional Membership of RICS or MICES is desired
- Experience gained on highways projects is beneficial but not essential
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESApply for this job