The North West 4 batch of privately-funded schools will be built under the Priority School Building Programme (PSBP). The six schools are located across Stockport, Wigan, Whitby and Warrington.
Wates Construction managing director education and investment sectors Stephen Beechey, said: “This is a substantial vote of confidence by the EFA in Wates’ approach to the PSBP and demonstrates that the Priority School Building Programme is moving full steam ahead.
“Education is set to join housing as a key growth sector for Construction in 2014, with the recent allocation of £350m in DfE funding and the procurement of other PSBP schools continuing apace. This announcement provides a welcome boost for construction ahead of this summer’s decision on who will manage PF2’s aggregator model.”
More than 3,330 pupils in 4 primary and 2 secondary schools will be taught in the new buildings.
The schools included in this batch are:
- Abingdon Primary School, Stockport
- Beamont Collegiate Academy, Warrington
- Britannia Bridge Primary School, Wigan
- Christchurch CE Primary School, Ellesmere Port
- St Johns CE (VC) Primary School, Stockport
- Werneth School, Stockport