Highways Maintenance Operative - Fencing
Job DescriptionJob Title: Highways Maintenance Operative - Fencing
Business Unit: Highways
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
We are Kier, one of the UK's leading construction and infrastructure services, working on projects such as Local and Strategic projects.
We are now recruiting for a Highways Maintenance Operative to join our Highways team in Birmingham, to support the BHMMS Project in all aspects of Supervision for Fencing, Street Furniture and General structures maintenance, this will include safety audits toolbox talks, people managing (internal and subcontractor) and the monitor and ordering of stock. The role may also require working on nights, weekends, Bank Holidays. To deliver works in line with the KPI deadlines.
What you'll be doing:
Undertake works to a high technical standard -Installing Fencing -PGR-VRS. All aspects of highway Fencing maintenance works including routine and cyclical maintenance activities and minor civils works. Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with the relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect members of the public. Capturing of time and resources used in completing tasks in line with the BHMMS systems. To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with Supervisor and other Kier service Ares, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
We are seeking candidates who:
- L3 Lantra in General Fencing and Vehicle Restraint Systems
- NSWRA Operative
- Clean UK Driving licence
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme - Skilled Worker or higher
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- A fantastic matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our Sharesave and Share Incentive Plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier's Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- And many many more!
Closing date: 1st August 2022
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing .
Apply for this job