Structural Project Engineer - Unitized curtain wall
Position: Structural Project Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE
Designs building envelopes, fenestration, and other interior and exterior architectural elements including but not limited to unitized curtain walls, entrances, punched windows, coping and interior partitions using computer aided design (CAD) software to meet customer requirements and complies with Anderson Aluminum, industry standards, and governmental regulations. Ensures assigned project specifications are followed. Works collaboratively with internal project team (engineering, purchasing, field and shop personnel) and external vendors to identify and resolve any project relevant issues. Responsible for the structural adequacy of all projects. Assists in developing and maintaining company processes and standards. Works under the immediate direction of the Director of Engineering.
- Completes designs of moderate complexity including assemblies and components using CAD software.
- Generates embed, plans, and elevation drawings and shop drawing details using architectural and structural drawings and project scope documents.
- Ensure all specifications are followed and conform to the rigid standards of the company in the design of all systems.
- Creates fabrication drawings of assemblies and components.
- Supports production control, shop and field personnel during manufacturing and installation of the designed assemblies and components.
- Adheres to company processes and standards.
- Responsible for timely and accurate work (including shop/fabrication drawings, always ensure all work is checked).
- Provides ongoing support for the fabrication and field Departments.
- Perform analysis and design for structural aspects of the projects while ensuring compliance with all structural provisions of the corresponding building codes, as required for each job location.
- Develop engineering calculations and drawings as required.
- Maintain a current schedule of all calculation packages to be complete.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimal travel required.
- Minimum 5 years drafting experience and Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with focus on Structural Engineering, minimum of 5 years of experience in structural design of building envelopes and fenestration.
- Professional Engineers license in the state of Ohio.
- Experience using structural analysis programs and design software.
- Experience reading and understanding architectural and construction specifications and bid documents
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings i.e., dimensions, symbols, types of lines, scales and views, including elevations, plans and sections
- Recognizes elements and symbols of blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Recognizes basic engineering and architectural principles in various structures, e.g. poured concrete, steel etc.
- Expresses thoughts, ideas and technical information clearly both verbally and in writing
- Well-developed drafting and mechanical drawing skills
- Knowledge and experience applying drafting standards
- Works well under the pressure of time constraints and changing expectations
- Proficient using AutoCAD.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
Our prestigious client provides in-house consulting, engineering, fabrication and installation of architectural glazing and cladding systems.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, send your CV today and one of our consultants will contact you in complete confidence.
Apply for this job