Job DescriptionSite Supervisor
OVER ALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to support the UK Power Networks ED1SON Alliance, comprising UKPN, Amec Foster Wheeler, Clancy Docwra and Kier Utilities. The Alliance is charged with delivering a £1bn programme in the 2016-2023 ED1 regulatory period. We have been appointed to undertake cable and electrical infrastructure projects across the Southern and Eastern Power Networks (SPN & EPN).
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with the site manager and planning team to ensure successful planning of the sequence of works; establishment of key dates and the workforce required by the project works.
- Day to day supervision of work team(s) ensuring work is completed safely to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for planning, executing and completing the allocated work including verification, testing and certification of the works and ensuring recording and reporting procedures for the range of work undertaken are adhered to.
- Interpretation of drawings, schedules and specifications and use these in the implementation, progression and monitoring of construction/ installation works.
- Ensure training and qualifications (own and team members) are kept up to date and identify additional training needs, if appropriate
- Carry out staff briefings as required, and ensure that SQE procedures and processes are complied with.
- Manage and liaise with sub-contractors, suppliers and specialists as required
- Ensuring that safe working practices are promoted and adhered to at all times.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Operationally and commercially aware within the utilities environment
- Proven experience in a similar role within the power or another utility sector.
- Able to supervise and report against programme requirements (P6)
- CSCS and SSSTS holder (UKPN requirement)
- Knowledge of UKPN specifications and industry standards - HSG 47, GS6 etc.
- Understanding of UKPN technical requirements and working practices
- Excellent communication/leadership skills
- Management of subcontractors and direct labour within a multi trade environment
- First Aider and UK driving licence holder.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together
Apply for this job