On behalf of our South East based client, Elk Recruitment is looking for a Production Manager to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career and become part of the Management team. This role is suitable for a results-driven individual with strong experience in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Managing and Leading in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
Production Management/Continuous improvement:
- Management of day-to-day production operations, ensuring quality, output, customer delivery, OEE and cost targets are achieved. Continual development of processes and KPIs in line with strategy. Drive 5S implementation across areas of responsibility.
- Implement continuous improvement activities. Management of production problem investigations and implementation of corrective or preventive actions. Identifying & driving factory automation and lean initiatives. Address factory layout constraints, processes and workflow to yield the highest level of efficiency/output.
- Optimise and develop capacity planning tools for personnel and key machinery. Review measurements and data collection currently in place and improve where necessary.
- Proactively identify opportunities for new product introductions/ migrations, and execute.
- Optimise OEE for machinery through thorough data collection and implementation of improvement initiatives. Process engineering improvement initiatives. Preventative maintenance assessment for machinery and tooling.
- Primary point of contact for all production and 'order fulfillment' matters.
- Work proactively with quality team to continuously improve and implement the quality system of the company to ISO standards.
- Promote and ensure company compliance with Health and Safety procedures. Role model good practice and ensure continuous improvement as laid out in ISO 14001 and OHSAS.
- Responsible for project activities in the production department including ad-hoc projects.
MRP Planning/ Master Scheduling/ Inventory Control/IT:
- Development and management of Master Scheduling, MRP Planning process and master data maintenance review processes. Ongoing System and process development to improve efficiencies and production scheduling. Exploit the IT MRP system capabilities to drive better reporting and improved processes.
- Responsibility for inventory control management and ensuring stock holding levels are reviewed and at optimum levels. Management of buyer/planner and associated tasks.
- Lead the production and support teams and ensure effective communications through regular 1x1s and team meetings. Develop area supervisors through coaching and training.
- Creating and maintaining a positive employee relations environment, you are responsible for the management and leadership of the production team and for the handling of all personnel issues. Continual, effective and consistent performance management of staff.
- Carry out labour requirement planning, recruitment, staff training, and development, as appropriate. Induction program for new hires in production.
- Administration duties include time and attendance system for all staff, holiday planning, Back Order review, travel planning. You will monitor absenteeism/lateness, and liaise with the Finance department on attendance/pay anomalies.
- Degree in Engineering/ Production/ Manufacturing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in WCM environment at management level. Formal training and proven experience of implementing lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives required.
- Preferred Six Sigma Black Belt or 8+ yrs Lean project experience.
- Strong experience with 5axis CNC machinery.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Experience of process engineering activities, supported by evidence of benefits achieved.
- Experience of managing upwards of 15-30 reports is desired. Formal training on managing people is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP MRP is required. Strong IT skills.
- Demonstrable people management skills and ability to motivate, energise and develop strong teamwork. Assertive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to identify improvement opportunities in a manufacturing environment and strong ability to drive change. 'Lean' mindset combined with a strong ability to anticipate and evaluate risk.
- Results focused with proven project/time management skills. Strong focus on completion of tasks/ projects.
- Quick thinker, problem solver with a lot of initiative and flexibility. Innovative approach and a hunger to learn.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interpret data to assist problem solving / continuous improvement.
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialised industries, send your CV Today! and feel free to register at www.elkrecruitment.com.
Elk Recruitment is an award-winning niche recruitment firm with offices currently in Ireland and the United Kingdom. Our core competency is the placement of permanent and contract mid to senior level professionals within the Fenestration, Facade, Curtain Walling, Construction, Glazing & Medical Device industry throughout Ireland, United Kingdom, MENA region and the United States.
Our in-depth knowledge, particularly of the façade industry, comes from having worked in senior positions for aluminium, glass & steel companies for over 16 years domestically and internationally. During this time gaining invaluable experience and insight into elements of the business such as Estimation, Design, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Project Management. This practical in industry senior experience coupled with a very strong academic background is what differentiates Elk Recruitment from its competitors in our chosen field.Apply for this job