Transport for London has chosen 17 firms for £320m-worth of Tube upgrade work.
The framework contracts cover a mixture of general construction, communication systems, and M&E works.
The upgrade work is spread across London Underground, including the sections recently acquired through Metronet, the group of sub-surface lines, plus the Bakerloo, Central and Victoria.
Each framework will run for three years, with the option to extend to four or five years.
The frameworks, and the firms appointed to them, are:
- General building works. Value: £75m to £100m: Firms selected: Cleshar Contract Services, KN Networks Services, Livis, Thorntask, VolkerFitzpatrick.
- Railway information and security communication systems. Duration: 5 years. Value: £75m to £100m. Firms selected: Atkins; Installation Project Services; Siemens; Telent Technology Services; Trescray Services.
- Electrical works. Duration: 5 years. Value: £25m to £75m. Firms selected: Giffen Group Limited, KN Networks Services, McNicholas Construction Services, MJ Quinn Integrated Services, Thorntask.
- Fire prevention. Value: £15m to £20m. Firms selected: Mitie Technical Facilities Management, MJ Quinn Integrated Services.
- Plumbing and sanitary works. Value: £15m to £25m. Firms selected: Enterprise Managed Services, Hollywell Building Services, Mitie Technical Facilities Management, MJ Quinn Integrated Services, Morson Human Resources.