The 4G term contract covers: integrated network management; routine, winter and emergency maintenance; renewal and improvement works, including design and supervision.
The roads included in the contract, which have a total route length of 692 km, are:
- (M8/A8 (Edinburgh – Greenock);
- M73 (Maryville – Mollinsburn);
- M74/A74(M)/A74 (Glasgow – Carlisle);
- M77/A77 (Glasgow – Stranraer);
- M80/A80 (Glasgow – Stirling);
- M898/A898 (Erskine Bridge);
- A75 (Gretna - Dumfries – Stranraer);
- A76 (Dumfries – Kilmarnock);
- A78 (Greenock – Prestwick);
- A82 (Dalnottar – Inverness);
- A701 (Dumfries – Beattock);
- A725/A726 (Shawhead - East Kilbride - Carmunnock Bypass);
- A737/A738 (St James Interchange - Kilwinning – Hawkhill);
- A751 (Inchparks – Innermessan).
The deadline for expressions of interest is 14 December.