Kentucky and Indiana have shortlisted a total of seven teams to build the US$2.6bn Ohio River Bridges project, with separate lists for the Interstate 65 contract and for the East End Crossing.
The three shortlisted from five applicants for the I-65 project are:
- Ohio River Transportation Constructors, a joint venture of Kiewit Infrastructure, Traylor Brothers, Kokosing Construction and Massman Construction
- Skanska, Flatiron and Dragados USA
- Walsh Construction Company
The schedule calls for the winning team to be selected in October, allowing preliminary construction work to begin before year’s end.
Four of the six teams wanting to build the East End Crossing have been shortlisted. They are:
- East End Mobility Partners, made up of SNC-Lavalin Capital, John Laing Investments, Zachry Resources, Tutor Perini Corporation
- Ohio River Mobility Group, made up of ACS Infrastructure Development, Hochtief PPP Solutions North America, Skanska Infrastructure Development, Flatiron Constructors and Dragados USA
- Ohio River Transportation Partners, made up of Infrared Capital Partners, Balfour Beatty Capital, Kiewit Development, Traylor Bros and Massman Construction
- WVB East End Partners, made up of Walsh Investors, Vinci Concessions and Bilfinger Berger PI International Holding.
A final request for proposals on financing, developing, constructing, operating and maintaining the East End Crossing is due to be issued to the shortlisted teams in late July.