Foremans is opening a new 4-acre purpose-built regional centre in Hemel Hempstead, which will increase its national production facilities to more than 80,000sqm.
Strategically located in the South of England and with excellent transport links, the new centre has a recycled Foremans office building on the site which has been designed to showcase the quality of pre-owned modular accommodation and a number of specification options.
Commenting on the expansion, Kevin Jones, Managing Director of Foremans Relocatable Building Systems, said, “Over the past three years, the demand for Foremans’ pre-owned accommodation solutions has continued to grow and we have seen a significant increase in average project size as well as more contracts from repeat customers.”
“This expansion will enable us to increase the availability of buildings from stock to customers in the South of England and to offer the highest levels of customer service. We have ambitious plans to grow the business, and the team we have in place, together with the new centre at Hemel Hempstead, and our headquarters in Yorkshire are central to that.”
“We are offering all the advantages of off-site construction – speed, quality and reduced disruption – with the additional benefits of exceptional value for money and a higher degree of environmental sustainability because the modules supplied are recycled and fully refurbished. This is proving to be an increasingly attractive alternative to both traditional construction and newly manufactured modular buildings for many organisations, in both public and commercial sectors.”
Foremans specialises in the supply of quality recycled and refurbished modular buildings, designed to individual project requirements. In addition to its sustainability benefits, the approach offers a range of other advantages:
- A highly cost-effective alternative to new build
- Programme times for high quality interim or permanent buildings are reduced by up to 70 per cent
- Off-site working is maximised for safer, quieter and cleaner sites and reduced disruption
- The buildings can be easily expanded, reconfigured or removed if requirements change
- High quality steel-framed modular buildings are built to last and require fewer ground works than traditional site-based construction – further reducing cost, disruption and programme times.
All refurbished buildings supplied by Foremans comply with Building Regulations Part L (2006). The steel-framed modular buildings can be purchased, refurbished and relocated in single and multi-storey configurations for a wide range of uses, including:
- Education buildings – classroom blocks, nurseries and lecture theatres
- Offices for commercial and public sector organisations
- Construction site accommodation
- Buildings for the utilities and defence sectors
- Hospital ward accommodation
- Airport buildings.
Organisations can hire, purchase or lease their accommodation for unrivalled flexibility and to help meet changing needs. A ‘buy back’ option is also available for modules bought from Foremans, giving customers the opportunity to meet immediate requirements with the certainty that they have a disposal strategy in place for when the building is no longer required.