The batch consists of six secondary schools and six primary schools in the northeast of England and forms part of the Priority School Building Programme.
Estimated construction value is more than £100m and the maintenance for 25 years adds another £55m for the contractor.
Miller will also be lead private equity investment partner.
The construction programme will provide new purpose-built facilities for more than 8,350 pupils across the region, as well as 188 nursery places.
The secondary schools included in this batch are:
- Bedlingtonshire Community High School, Northumberland;
- The Duchess’s Community High School, Northumberland;
- Laurence Jackson School, Redcar and Cleveland;
- Longbenton Community College, North Tyneside;
- Hetton School, Sunderland; and
- Seaham School of Technology, County Durham.
The primary schools in this batch are:
- Front Street Primary School, Gateshead;
- Hylton Castle Primary School, Sunderland;
- Lingey House Primary School, Gateshead;
- Mandale Mill Primary School, Stockton on Tees;
- Roman Road Primary School, Gateshead; and
- Shiney Row Primary School, Sunderland.
The next stage for EFA, Miller Construction and the schools is to engage in a six month detailed design stage through to financial close. Financial close is targeted for the end of 2014 with construction starting soon after. All schools included in this batch are due to be completed by August 2016.
Miller Construction chief executive Chris Webster said: “We are delighted to have been appointed as selected bidder for this batch of schools across the northeast. In line with our strategy of providing integrated solutions across the full property lifecycle, we will fund, design, build and care for these schools.”