The reduced tail swing (RTS) machine is in the eight-tonne class and is now powered by a Yanmar 4TNV98C diesel engine providing 44.3kW of power at a rated speed of 2100rpm. It uses exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and diesel particulate filter (DPF) after-treatment technologies to meet the Stage IIIB emission requirements.
Doosan says that the new model is 10% more powerful as well as more fuel deficient than the predecessor. The bucket digging force of 6.3 tonne also represents an increase of 12% over the previous model. The traction force has also been increased by 7% to 6.6 tonne.
New features include a load sensing system that improves hydraulic performance and allows smoother combined operations.
Doosan DX85R-3 excavator – specifications
- Buckets: 0.20-0.28m3
- Operating weight (inc cab/rubber tracks/long arm): 8600kg
- Digging depth: 4175mm (1.7m arm) / 4625mm (2.25m arm)
- Digging reach: 6915mm (1.7m arm) / 7430mm (2.25m arm)
- Dump height: 4645 mm (1.7 m arm)/4995 mm (2.25 m arm)
- Digging force over bucket (ISO): 6.3 tonnes
- Digging force over arm (ISO): 4.4 tonnes (1.7m arm) / 3.7 tonnes (2.25m arm)
- Boom swing (L/R): 70°/55°
- Rear swing radius: 1300mm
- Track shoe width: 450mm
- Travel speed: low range 2.7km/h; high range 4.7km/h
- Auxiliary hydraulic flow: 151 litres/min
- Traction force: 6.6 toinnes
- Ground pressure (rubber/steel tracks): 0.39 kPa
- Engine: Yanmar 4TNV98C (3319 cc) Stage IIIB compliant
- Engine output: 44.3kW @ 2100rpm
- Overall dimensions: 2655mm high x 2300mm wide x 6165mm long in travel position.