Group revenue for the six months to 30th June 2015 was up 2% to £112.0m (2014 H1: £109.8m). Underlying operating profit improved from £1.1m last year to £1.4m this time, pushing the underlying margin up from 1.1% to 1.3%.
Reported pre-tax profit improved from £200,000 to £900,000.
Over the past 12 months, the order book has grown from £275m to £320m. However, funding this extra workload has required investment in engineering resources. As a consequence, net debt was £8.7m by 30th June 2015. This is comfortably within the company's banking facilities but, more than double the £4.3m of 12 months earlier. The board expects this position to improve during the second half of the year as upcoming larger schemes in London come on stream.
Chief executive Mark Lawrence said: "The group looks forward to the improving market conditions particularly with our forward visibility for next year and beyond.”
Recent contract wins for TClarke include:
- Beaufort Park, Residential Block G for St George (part of Berkeley Group)
- Bird & Bird fit out, London
- Cambourne Primary School
- Chiswick Park Building 7, London
- Irvine Leisure Centre, Ayrshire
- John Bull Building, New Research Facility, Derriford, Plymouth
- Lymm, New Fire Station and Safety Centre for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Minerva Student accommodation, Cardiff
- Newcastle Central Station, Metro Station Refurbishment
- Scarborough Leisure Village
- Stevenage Accelerator Building
- Summit House, London
- Sunderland University, Science Block
- Temple Learning Academy, Leeds
- TWI Training and Examination Services, Middleborough
- Waitrose & John Lewis at Home, Basingstoke
- Waitrose, Guildford.