The thermal imaging technology is the next stage of development for Mitie’s pest control drone service, introduced earlier this year. The drone, named Inspire 1, will help Mitie with a range of services, from pest control to property and waste management. The thermal imaging applications for Inspire 1 also include:
- Building damage inspections and maintenance, in areas that aren’t readily visible
- Wildlife management – thermal imaging for animal population control, like deer
- Safety at landfill sites – the drone can find hot spots that pose a fire risk
- Thermal mapping – look at any heat leakage over the whole building to identify potential savings via improved insulation
- Roofing surveillance to detect excess humidity and water cooling on flat roofs
- Concealed bird nesting in roof crevices.
Gareth Davies, regional director for Mitie pest control and drone operations, said: “The thermal imaging technology enables us to develop the precision of our existing drone fleet. The Inspire 1 will enable us to offer customers and increasingly comprehensive, safe and flexible service and is a great example of Mitie’s technological innovation in the FM sector.”