Our major client is looking to recruit a Production Engineer to their expanding team.
PRODUCTION ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
The key aim being; to assist the Operations Manager to achieve a profitable and efficient assembly operation and to succeed with the production targets/output. In addition to this with the engineering bias that the PE brings, they are able to execute process improvements, advise and drive efficiencies into all areas of the assembly and installation process.
The PE will be required to work closely with shop floor employees providing front line engineering support to resolve day to day issues and drive continuous improvement resulting in improving production efficiencies and minimising delays.
The PE will be an experienced Production Engineer, with ability to deliver 5S, Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement principles. An excellent communicator demonstrating good organisational skills, with the ability to work cross functionality. Furthermore the PE will be an experienced people manager with the ability to engage and communicate at all levels.
The successful candidate must be able to develop an effective team ethos by promoting common purpose and vision, whilst helping develop an effective system of operating.
Production Engineer Key Areas of Responsibility:
* To establish and maintain accurate product BOM's, routings, standard times and update system data and documentation.
* Assist OM with production planning, monitoring production output to meet sales targets and OTD expectations.
* To evaluate, identify and implement production efficiency improvements to current assembly methods and development of "flow line" assembly.
* To identify and implement product quality and assembly method improvements
* Create and maintain standard operating procedures using photos/text
* Develop the successful operation of the stores function to efficiently and effectively support production/assembly requirements.
* Monitor, implement and maintain H&S policies and procedures.
* To capture, maintain and update on a daily/weekly/monthly basis all production related targets, daily progress and production schedules.
* Identify and maintain production KPIs, team boards.
* Identify and implement production tooling, jigs and fixtures.
* Be instrumental in assisting the OM in the implementation of Epicor Business System.
* Work closely with purchasing supervisor to re-view component specifications and supply chain process to improve product cost and assembly efficiencies
* Work closely with sales, engineering and after sales departments.
* Ability to deliver "tool box" talks to shop-floor employees.
* Detail amendments to engineering drawings for engineers to process on Solid Works & AutoCAD.
Production Engineer: Essential
* Production, Assembly, Manufacturing background
* Experienced Engineer (mechanical/hydraulic background)
* Must be adept in taking a high level of responsibility and decision making on a day to day basis
* Have a high degree of personal accountability
* Be able to work on own their initiative
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* High attention to detail
* A drive for continuous improvement
Production Engineer : Desirable
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* A dynamic approach to business
* Experience of working with Epicor /ERP/MRP would be advantageous
Please apply ASAP (along with your salary expectations)
Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineer