SGB Rovacabin has designed and installed a 14-bay modular building as the temporary headquarters of Stobart Ports; the container handling and storage facility for the Stobart Group. Located in Widness, Cheshire, the building will serve as the company’s base while planning permission is sought and construction work is completed on a brand new head office being relocated from the centre of town.
Leased out on a two-year hire, SGB Rovacabin have supplied ten 10ft x 40ft bays and four 32ft x 10ft bays that are used by approximately 50 employees working for Stobart Ports. The larger units have been fitted out in an open-plan design, offering office space, a waiting area for the drivers, and a reception area installed with flat-screen plasma televisions. The smaller units are providing toilet and kitchen facilities, as well as a diner for the employees.
SGB Rovacabin was specified due to their specialised design service and capabilities in the modular building sector, with the accessibility of the sales team contributing to the success of the order. Ian Lisle, Commercial Director of Stobart Ports explains: “We knew that a modular building was the answer to our dilemma for a temporary headquarters while our new permanent offices were being built. However, we did not know the extent of what could be offered. Due to the close proximity of the SGB Rovacabin branch in Warrington, we were able to visit the sales team regularly, talk through our design requirements and were impressed with the facilities that could be provided. We were also able to see first-hand the application of a modular building as offices with the branch itself comprising of a Rovacabin.”
The Stobart Groups is a leading UK provider of multimodal transport and logistics services, delivering outsourced solutions for a wide variety of manufacturing, retail and public sector customers, across the industrial, consumer, food, and defence sectors.
Find SGB on The Construction Index.
• SGB Rovacabin, one of the UK’s leading providers of modular accommodation, supplies modular and temporary accommodation to the commercial, industrial, housing building, health, education and construction sectors
• The company provides a comprehensive ‘one-stop-shop’ package which includes design, manufacture and installation, and have a network of branches throughout the UK strategically located to serve commerce and industry country-wide
• All units consist of steel framed building sections to quality standard ISO 9001:2000
• All statutory negotiations can be undertaken, including planning permission and building regulations, arrange finance and even supply the furniture
• A comprehensive choice of heating and cooling air conditioning units is also available to ensure comfortable climate conditions at any time of the year
• Cabin units can be interlinked and double stacked to create accommodation that suits customer requirements and fits available space
• Modular buildings are constructed in large sections then crane-assembled on site, these units can provide large, multi-storey, open-plan accommodation complete with high specification finishes, air-conditioning and lifts
• Modular buildings can be clad in brick or more contemporary materials, making them indistinguishable from traditionally built structures.