Five contractors have been picked for a giant housing construction and refurbishment contract in south London.
Apollo, Wates, Breyer, A&E Elkins, and Saltash Enterprises have been selected by the London Borough of Southwark for the framework, which will run for 10 years.
It covers more than 50,000 homes across the south London borough.
The work includes refurbishment of internal and external areas of buildings and internal communal areas across the council's housing stock, including corridors and staricases, flat and pitched roof renewals, structural and concrete repairs, window renewals, landscaping and environmental improvements.
The contracts are divided geographically into four lots with a fifth lot covering major voids work and refurbishment of street properties across the borough.
The lots have been awarded as follows:
- Borough, Bankside & Walworth. 15,200 properties. Breyer. Value £120m
- Bermondsey & Rotherhithe. 12,100 properties. Wates Construction. Value £200m
- Peckham & Camberwell. 11,900 properties. Apollo. Value £150m.
- Dulwich, Nunhead & Peckham. 6,100 properties. A&E Elkins. Value £30m.
- Major voids & street properties. 7,000 properties. Saltash Enterprises. Value £30m.